Wednesday, December 7, 2011

THE MYSTERIOUS WORDS WITH FRIENDS


I can spell.
Millions of people are currently engaged in a long term game of Scrabble using Zynga's phone application Words with Friends.  What's baffling to me is that despite our lightning fast, want it now culture, people are willing to play a game of scrabble over the course of a week or more.

How is this possible?  I don't want to play a long term game of scrabble.  I want to play a short term, real time game that I can expect an outcome in less than an hour.  Yet, I see countless people engaging in a form of delayed satisfaction.

I'm in no rush to stop eating up precious bandwidth.

Zynga also has applications for Chess with Friends and Hanging with Friends (which I believe is a form of hangman).  What next?  Conversation?  Nah.  That wouldn't work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment