Saturday, January 21, 2012

KY DATE NIGHT


Strolling through my local Rite-Aid, I noticed a big display on the end cap for KY products.  Not exactly where you might expect them to be -- in the back down a quiet aisle where no one can see you buy them -- but a large display just the same.

What was staggering to me is the new marketing strategy KY has decided to employ to help sell more of their products.  It's a promotion called Date Night.  Pretty simple really.  If you buy some KY, they will give you a coupon for $10 dollars off two movie tickets purchased through Moviefone.

Wowza.  That's synergy.  Do we really need to be enticed with cheap movie tickets to buy sexual lubricants?  I don't really think so.


As I shopped for my regular supply of allergy histamine blockers, all I could think of was some guy coming in to Rite-Aid.  He picks up a cheap bottle of wine.  Maybe a nice card and some Date Night KY.  Oh yeah, it's on....!


Yikes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment