Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TEDDY BEARS ON POWER LINES


I can't speak for cities outside of Los Angeles, but I have been noticing a new phenomenon that's been gaining popularity in town.  It's teddy bears strung up on power lines.  It used to be a pair of shoes hanging on power lines and while that is still something you are bound to see, teddy bears are popping up everywhere.


What does it mean?  The urban legend about shoes on power lines is that they denote the presence of a drug dealer in the vicinity.  Is this the same for teddy bears now?  I doubt it.  You don't need to string up shoes and plush animals to find a drug dealer in Los Angeles.  Still, it's puzzling.


Is it an art project by some hipster nerd?  Is it advertising something?  I don't have a clue, but I am determined to find out.  Of course, it probably means nothing -- or whatever I want it to mean -- which is just a cop out that tells me the person lacks vision.


1 comment:

  1. The people that wanna buy drugs are gonna be pissed when they realize this is "art"

    ReplyDelete