Saturday, February 11, 2012

WEHO JESUS


WeHo Jesus, as he is affectionately called, is a elusive, yet kind man that walks around the neighborhood in a plain robe and sandals.  He has long brown hair and a bushy beard.  He looks like, well, Jesus.

His real name is Kevin Lee Light.  I know this because I went to the trouble of finding out who this guy actually is.  He is a fixture of the city and any simple web search will reveal hundreds and hundreds of pictures of him with tourists, locals and celebrities.

What's his story?  Well, if I told you, you'd be disappointed.  The imagined story about this strange Jesus walking the city is much more interesting than the truth.  If you ask him what his story is, he will tell you the following.

"Quite simply,"he says. "I'm a man on a journey looking to do some good in the world.  Peace and Love."  


Though I've run across him dozens of times on the street, he's not a preachy guy.  He doesn't stand on a soap box and preach fire and brimstone.  He just walks.  I guess you can take him as you find him.  

A hippie on a journey.  Sometimes for Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits.




0 comments:

Post a Comment