Saturday, February 25, 2012

MADDER DAY SAINTS


Recently, it was reported that Jewish teenager and holocaust victim Anne Frank was posthumously baptized into the Mormon faith (most recently) during a ceremony in the Dominican Republic.  I say recently because she has gone through this strange Mormon ritual at least a half a dozen times since her death.

The Mormon Church has since announced that it will no longer posthumously baptize victims of the holocaust, but reports continue to stream in that this process is continuing in earnest.

Mormon Baptismal Font
It begs the question.  What's that all about?

Mormons believe that a dead person that has not been baptized (as Mormon) shouldn't be punished in the afterlife without the opportunity to enter the kingdom of heaven.  So, certain specified Mormon temples baptize the dead by proxy where a person stands in for the deceased so the ceremony can be completed.

Seems a bit wonky.  There has been a lot of discussion about the pros and cons of this practice within the Mormon faith, but nothing has ever been done about it.  Nothing short of agreeing not to do it when people voice their outrage.

I guess some jews take offense when they hear that the Mormons don't think being rounded up and gassed by Nazis because of their faith is good enough to earn a ticket to heaven.  Geez, when I put it that way I guess I'm more incensed than I was before I started this post!

Believe me when I tell you, this is probably the least creepy thing about the Mormon religion.

In any case, I thought you might find it interesting to learn some of the other famous dead people that were sent to Planet Mormon after the fact.

JOHN HUGHES



GROUCHO MARX

C.S. LEWIS

RICHARD FEYNMAN

CARL SAGAN

GARY COLEMAN 

GEORGE CARLIN

PAT TILLMAN



1 comment:

  1. What if they are not circumcised? Will they go to Hell still? Concern spirits want to know :) !!!!

    Dale

    ReplyDelete