Friday, December 9, 2011

DICK CLARK: IT'S TIME TO GO




I thought it might be a good time to once again express my desire for eighty-two year old Dick Clark to end his sad, pathetic reign as co-host on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest.  While no one can deny his longevity in the business, his prolific career and sizable contribution to the world of television, his vain need to be on live television every New Year's eve despite a suffering a debilitating stroke in 2004 is, in the end, a bridge too far.


I'm the world's oldest teenager.

The press surrounding this unfortunate medical affliction called it "a mild stroke,"  but anyone that has seen his New Year's broadcast knows that he can barely speak with any real coherence.  It's certainly not befitting of someone who is supposed to be a professional communicator.  That's his job.  To communicate effiectively and efficiently to the audience. 

I know -- I know.  Leave the poor old guy alone.  He's had a bad time of it.  I'm not trying to bash him, I'm trying to help him retain whatever shred of self-respect he has left.  He has more than proved that he's not a quitter.  So, if no one else wants to say it, I will.  Dick -- it's time to go!


To ask Dick Clark to politely go away, click here. If you want a painful reminder to help make up your mind. See below...




0 comments:

Post a Comment